Roulette is a classic casino game, which means little wheel in French. It has transcended time and is now available online, making it more popular and more accessible than ever. The best part? You can now enjoy playing this game at the comfort of your own home.
There are many roulette games to choose from that vary in kinds or betting types. But, we've got you covered! Learn how to place bets on roulette below.
Play Online Roulette at ICE36 Casino
There are a lot of different roulette types and games to choose from, but with ICE36 Casino, you can try 'em all! From the classic online roulette games to our live-streamed roulette tables with human dealers, you'll get an authentic casino experience at your fingertips! All you need to do is register now and get the wheels spinning.
ICE36 Casino is the perfect place to start your online roulette experience! Marvel at the wide array of roulette games to choose from, even with both European and American variations. With everything laid out before you, you're one click away from possibly your best gaming experience. All you need now is to learn how, what, and where to bet, so keep reading!
Roulette Bet Types
Let us begin by checking on the roulette wheel. You may think it is complex, but part of the charm of this game is its simplicity. A wheel has a certain number of online and numbered slots and when spun, the ball skips and spins along with it. Watch out where the ball drops, that pocket is the winning number.
Just place your bets wisely, since there are 3 different roulette bet types you can choose from such as: outside bets, inside bets and call bets. Read more about them below.
Outside bets are the wagers that you can place on the outside of the numbered grid. They have lower payouts, but much better odds. There are 5 ways to place an outside bet as follows:
- Column Bet — Bet on any of the 3 long vertical columns of 12 numbers. For example, 1, 4,7,10,13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28, 31 and 34. Column bets pay out at 2 to 1.
- Dozen Bet — Bet on a set of one of the three dozen sets,for example 1-12, 13-24, or 25-36, Dozen bet pay out at 2 to 1.
- High/Low Bet — You make a bet that the ball will land in the high end of the table (19-36) or the low half (1-18), Pay out is 1 to 1.
- Even/Odd Bet — Simply bet if the ball will land in an odd number or an even number. Pay out is 1 to 1.
- Red/Black Bet — You bet if the ball will land on the color of the number, may be red or black. Pay out is 1 to 1.
Inside bets are the wagers you can place inside the numbered grid. They have the highest payout. Here are ways to place an inside bet:
- Straight-up Bet — You bet on a single number on the table and only win if the spin lands on that exact number. Pay out is 35 to 1.
- Street Bet — Bet by placing your chip on the edge of a three-number row. For example, 7, 8, and 9. Pay out at 11 to 1.
- Corner Bet — Simply place your chip in the corner where four numbers meet. For example, 1, 2, 4, and 5. Pay out at 8 to 1.
- Line Bet — This is where you bet on two adjoining rows, amounting to six numbers. For example, 13, 14, and 15, and 16, 17, and 18, Pay out at 15 to 1.
- Five Number Bet — This bet uses the 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3 on an American roulette table. Pay out at 6 to 1.
- Snake Bet — This bet covers the red numbers of 1, 5, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 23, 27, 30, 32 and 34, and bet creates a snake shape across the table. Pay out at 2 to 1.
Call Bets -also known as announce bets, is a special roulette bet that covers all the numbers within a certain section of the wheel. They are only available on European and French roulette tables. Here are the different call bets you can make:
- Voisins du Zéro (Neighbors of Zero) — You bet on the 17 numbers that are closest to the 0 on the roulette wheel, using a combination of split, three-number and corner bets. This roulette bet can payout 17 to 1.
Voisins du Zéro needs a minimum of 9 chips and consists of the following bets: 0/2/3 Trio x 2, 4/7 Split, 12/15 Split, 18/21 Split, 19/22 Split, 25/26/28/29 Corner x 2, 32/35 Split.
- Le Tiers Du Cylindre (Third of the Wheel/ Tiers) — This refers to the 12 numbers on the opposite side of the wheel to the 0, those numbers between 27 and 33. This roulette bet can payout 17 to 1. The exact bets are: 5/8 Split, 10/11 Split, 13/16 Split, 23/24 Split, 27/30 Split, 33/36 Split.
- Orphelins (Orphans) — You bet on the numbers not covered by the Voisins du zero or the Tiers bets. If landed on, this bet can payout 35 to 1. Use at least five chips to cover eight numbers: 1 Straight Up, 6/9 Split, 14/17 Split, 17/20 Split, 31/34 Split.
- Jeu Zéro (Zero Game) — allows you to wager on the six numbers closest to the green 0. This bet can payout 35 to 1. Use at least four chips in a variety of different wagers: 0/3 Split, 12/15 Split, 26 Straight Up, 32/35 Split.
- Neighbors - This is a more confusing bet. It's a number backed with two numbers on either side of it in a five-piece bet.
Roulette Betting Odds
Roulette is a game of chance, so it would be good to remember that the odds of winning can’t be calculated.
In roulette betting, the odds of hitting a single number with a straight-up bet are 37 to 1, since there are 38 numbers (1 to 36, plus 0 and 00). But you can only get a pay out of 35 to 1 when you win, with the same odds for payouts on combination bets. So, the house edge is always substanstial.
Odds for inside and outside bets are different, but the house edge is the same. Outside bets, which are based on a broader category of numbers, give you a better chance of winning but the payouts would be lower. This means that a player isn’t betting on a specific number, rather than a certain kind of number. While with inside bets, in which chips are placed on a specific number in the roulette, the chances of winning are lower but the pay outs would be higher.
Roulette Bet Payouts
It is important to learn about the pay outs so you can keep tabs to your possible winnings.
Outside bets are often known as even money bets because the payout is 1:1 .Examples are High/Low Bet, Even/Odd Bet and Red/Black Bet, Pay out is 2:1 for Dozen and Column Bets.
Inside bets offer better pay outs since the chances of winning are lower. Straight up bets give out the highest payout at 37:1, Pay out for Splits Bet is halved at 17:1 For Street bets, payout is at 11:1.
For corner bets, pay out is 8:1 while on Corner Bets, it is at 5:1.
Place your roulette bets wisely and stand a chance to maximize those payouts.
Best Bets to Place on Roulette
There isn’t just one “best way” when it comes to where to place your bet on a roulette, but there are tried and tested strategies that can increase your odds of winning. Do note however, that even with these strategies, you should never chase losses. The house will always have an edge and winning at the end of the day is about luck. If you find yourself chasing losses, you should get seek help with your local gambling support organisation.
- Martingale Strategy — every time you lose, you increase your bets so if you finally win, you get your lost money back.
- Reverse Martingale Strategy — similar to the first one but you increase your bet during wins instead to cut back on your losses.
- Fibonacci Strategy — one of the safest ones to use. Based on the Fibonacci sequence, you decide on a bet amount by adding your last two bets together, so you can profit even if you lose more than you win.
- James Bond Betting Strategy — this works best when you don’t plan to stay long in the game. Here you bet a set amount each game, which is then divided into 3 different bets that can cover more than 67% of the roulette’s possible outcomes, guaranteeing you a win almost ⅔ of the time.
There are more strategies out there, so it’s up to you to find one that works!
How to Place Your Bets on Roulette
The first step in roulette betting is choosing one among the many inside, outside, and called bets within the table. Then, the wheel will be spun and a dealer will throw the ball into it. You can still make bets here until the dealer announces "No More Bets" and you watch the wheel and the ball keep spinning. Once they both stop moving, check what number or color the ball landed in. Based on whichever bet you chose, you'll see if you lost or won. And just like that, you've finished a complete round. The next one begins after that and you have the choice of repeating your bets on the roulette or changing the bet type or amount depending on your budget and your strategies. You're all set!
We’ve talked about a lot of things so far and you’ve learned enough to start your own journey to roulette betting. You now know what it is, where to start, and how it’s done, the only question left is where to do it. Well, I’ve got the best answer for you! The best platform is one that gives you a chance to place your bets on a diverse selection of roulettes from trusted and well-known gaming providers. And ICE36 offers you all of those things and more! They have both online and live roulette games to choose from which ensures a wide variety of roulette betting and a quality experience. Register now and place your roulette bets in good hands with ICE36!